We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join our Private Client team as a full-time Admin Assistant.
As a successful candidate working as part of our close-knit, friendly team, you’ll work alongside the teams paralegal/secretary and closely with whole team, providing an essential and professional support service.
Actons are focused on providing an exceptional experience to colleagues and clients and you’ll have a key role to play in helping deliver that.
On a day to day basis you will be supporting all members of the Private Client team with administrative tasks. The team includes four directors, an associate chartered legal executive, a solicitor and a paralegal.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- General file administration (both paper and electronic files) using our case management system
- Copying, scanning and storing documents
- Opening and closing files and archiving
- Preparing invoices and instructions to our accounts team
- Preparing final document engrossments
- Some general typing tasks
- Undertaking online searches e.g. Companies House, the Land Registry etc.
- Taking telephone messages for colleagues within the team
- Receiving and implementing instructions given by digital dictation
Skills, Experience and Competencies you will have:
- A good working knowledge of IT applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Professional, enthusiastic team player.
- A proactive, supportive and reliable team member.
- Quick and accurate typing
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and aural
- The ability to organise and prioritise a varied workload
- The following would be desirable, but not essential:
- Previous experience using legal case management software
- Previous experience of working in a law firm
- GCSE English & Maths Grade C or above (or equivalent)
How to Apply
You’ll work full-time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week (9am – 5pm). Due to the nature of this role, it will be based in the office full-time.
Other benefits include Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Practice Manager at [email protected].
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)