We’re looking for a full-time IT support analyst to join our professional IT team, providing support to colleagues on a range of IT and communications issues.
As a successful candidate working as part of our close-knit, friendly team, you’ll enjoy a busy and varied role. You’ll be able to gain extensive experience in applications, hardware, networking and server support, making a real contribution to the team and wider business.
More often than not you’ll be the first point of contact for 1s line technical support to colleagues, providing the opportunity to get to know colleagues across the business. At Actons, we’re focused on providing an exceptional experience to our colleagues and clients and you’ll have a key role to play in helping us deliver that.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you. Find out more about why you should join Actons.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Responsible for 1st line user support, escalating issues to the Systems Administrator and IT Manager in the event of serious problems which could result in user/network down-time
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers on support issues
- Reporting software/hardware problems in accordance with Actons’ maintenance contracts
- Maintaining hardware including: PC’s, printers, photocopiers and telephones
- Maintenance of CAT6 network, cabling, patching and switching
- Configuration and setup of desktop PC’s and printers
- Data and voice network management and administration
- Server administration
- Assist the Systems Administrator and IT Manager with technical documentation and procedures
- Assist the Systems Administrator in the implementation of large technical projects
- Occasionally required to provide support outside of normal office hours.
Skills, experience and competencies you will have:
- Educated to at least AS Level, BTEC or NVQ Level 3 in an I.T. related qualification
- The ability to communicate at all levels, in particular, with non-technical colleagues, showing consideration and providing explanations in plain English
- The ability to remain focused and take a logical and pro-active approach to solve problems
- Able to demonstrate a very good understanding of Microsoft operating systems
- Able to demonstrate a very good understanding of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint – Office 2016 and Office 365)
- Able to demonstrate basic programming skills and understanding of Visual Basic and/or macro programming in the Microsoft Office suite
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol and Ethernet and fibre networking
- A proactive, supportive and reliable team member
- The ability to build good relationships with colleagues at all levels
- A flexible approach to managing a varied workload and changing requirements
- Able to identify priorities and resolve clashes of time-critical tasks in discussion with appropriate others
- An understanding of the following would be beneficial, but not essential:
– Linux, web hosting and content management systems
– Cloud computing
– Virtual Private Networks and remote working
– Virtualised environments, VMware, vSphere and SANs
– Digital telephony, VOIP and SIP
– SQL and SQL queries
– Wireless technologies
– iPhones and tablets.
You’ll work full-time, Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this role will balance home-working with office-based working.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Alongside other benefits, you’ll also have the opportunity to access Perkbox.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30 October. although we reserve the right to change the closing date depending on interest in the role. The first round of interviews for this role will be held on Microsoft Teams.
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Practice Manager at [email protected]
How to Apply
Please download and complete our job application form and either:
- Submit online by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below and upload the completed application form.
- Send it by email to Matt Coleman, Practice Manager – [email protected]
Applications via agencies are not accepted for this role.
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)