We’re looking for a solicitor with ideally 3 to 6 years’ post-qualification experience. to join our Commercial Property team, to support the ongoing growth of the team and firm as a whole.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a busy environment providing a good range of high-quality property work.
As a successful candidate, you’ll be working closely with all members of the team including directors, associates and junior team members in a pro-active and supportive environment. The role will involve all aspects of commercial property work including acquisitions & disposals, reorganisations, banking & security matters, development projects and landlord and tenant work for both landlords and tenants.
As part of the wider firm, you will also have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues within our corporate, insolvency and dispute resolutions teams on work where they need input from a commercial property perspective and vice versa.
It’s vital that the team are all highly engaged and your input will be invaluable. All solicitors in the team are expected to run their own files with appropriate support from colleagues.
We’re proud to work with clients in a diverse range of sectors who are typically owner-managed businesses with a turnover in the region of £1m – £20m, charities and high net worth individuals. We also work with a number of significantly larger organisations including some local and national household names as well as national and international financial institutions. Over the past few years, we’ve acted on a number of high profile property transactions.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Working alongside directors and other team members, with full access to clients and involved in working with clients on projects from inception to completion.
- Providing assistance to a team of experienced commercial property lawyers to include preparing good quality ‘first draft’ documentation for all types of commercial property work and assisting on large, complex work with appropriate supervision.
- Efficiently dealing with enquiries.
- Building up your own caseload.
- Good client relationship skills – ability to exceed client expectations.
- Proactive approach.
- Providing clients with solutions.
- Maintain and build on the team’s links with others in the firm.
- Maintain and build on the firm’s and the team’s links with existing clients and referrers of work.
- Identify and develop opportunities to obtain new work.
Skills, experience and competencies you will have:
- Experience of working in a commercial property team
- Strong academic qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills
- Keen to learn and to manage
- Keen attention to detail whilst also maintaining efficient progress
- The ability and enthusiasm to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to prioritise and manage numerous tasks
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Strong IT skills.
The remuneration package will be at market rates and will include a generous contribution pension payment and death in service benefit after a qualifying period. Alongside other benefits, you’ll also have the opportunity to access Perkbox.
To apply for this role, click on ‘Apply’ below and use the form to upload a copy of your CV.
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)