We’re looking for an experienced contentious probate solicitor, with at least 5 years PQE to join our dispute resolution team to develop and grow a contentious probate practice, supporting the ongoing growth of the team and firm as a whole.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who combines strong business development skills with technical excellence and wants to join a firm where you can play a key role in our ongoing and future success.
You’ll perform a fundamental business development role in developing and growing a contentious probate practice, working with our private client team to build strong relationships and win work from beneficiaries, executors and trustees. Existing work-winning relationships with accountants, IFAs, charities and other contacts would be a distinct advantage.
ACTAPS and/or STEP will be highly desirable, but we would welcome applications from candidates who do not have these qualifications with a view to gaining membership.
If you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you.
Key aspects of the role include:
Running your caseload of contentious trust and probate work including:
- Inheritance Act Claims
- Complex high-value trust claims
- Will disputes
- Proprietary estoppel claims.
- Develop and execute a plan to build a successful contentious probate practice
- Identify and develop opportunities to win new work.
- Maintain and build on the firm’s links with existing clients and referrers of work.
- Maintain and build on the team’s links with others in the firm.
- Good client relationship skills – ability to exceed client expectations
- Pro-active approach
- Providing clients with solutions.
Skills, experience and competencies you will have:
- Experience of working in a contentious probate team
- Strong academic qualifications
- Ambitious and wishing to advance your career
- Team player
- Enthusiastic personality
- Looking to make a mark and make a difference
- Excellent organisational skills
- Keen attention to detail whilst also maintaining efficient progress
- Able to prioritise and manage numerous tasks
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills
The remuneration package will be at market rates and will include a generous contribution pension payment and death in service benefit after a qualifying period. Alongside other benefits, you’ll also have the opportunity to access Perkbox.
To apply for this role, click on ‘Apply’ below and use the form to upload a copy of your CV. If you’d like a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Head of Dispute Resolution, Caroline Bowler.
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)