Our key priority will always be the safety of our colleagues, clients and visitors as we continue to minimise the risks of COVID-19.
Since March 2020, the majority of our colleagues have been working from home, and only in our COVID secure offices for specific tasks which cannot be carried out from home. We quickly provided all the necessary tech and other equipment to ensure you continued to receive an outstanding experience.
A New Way of Working Together – Hybrid Working
Like many businesses, we have been looking towards the future and how we adapt to a new way of working with fewer or no Covid Restrictions.
We acknowledge that whilst the pandemic has been challenging in many ways, the ability for our colleagues to work from home as well as in the office has also brought opportunities. Whether that’s a reduction in commuting times and the environmental impact that brings, right through to being able to spend time improving wellbeing by getting more regular exercise.
As a progressive firm, we are keen to keep as much flexibility as possible and we trust our colleagues.
Our approach, from 6 September 2021, will be a trial of Hybrid Working, with a simple policy for all our colleagues:
“In relation to when you work your contracted hours and where you work them, i.e. at home or in the office, our only requirement is that you simply do what is right in terms of the needs of your role, having regard to client needs, the needs of your colleagues, your own needs, including your own well-being and the needs of the firm.”
What This Means For You
- Our offices at 4-8 Regent Street are open for pre-booked appointments. Our reception at 20 Regent Street will remain closed.
- If it’s easier for you, we’re fully set up on Microsoft Teams and can do video calls from any location.
- Wear a face covering if you wish – and we will too if you prefer.
- We’ll continue to keep our buildings clean and safe with regular cleaning and hand sanitiser available throughout.
- Our colleagues and visitors will sign in when arriving at our office or scan the NHS QR code – to help with tracking and tracing.
- We continue to receive post, but it’s often quicker and easier to use e-mail where possible. We no longer use the DX service.
Visiting Our Office
Even with the huge success of the vaccination programme in the UK, we still ask that you follow the Government guidance and be cautious. So, please do not visit our offices if:
- You or someone you live with has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- You have or someone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19, or feel generally unwell.
- You have been advised by the NHS to self-isolate.
We do ask that you do not come into our offices even if you have been fully vaccinated, if but for the vaccinations you would be required to self-isolate .
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Chief Executive Chris Murratt or Practice Manager Matt Coleman on 0115 9 100 200.
How To Contact Us
Phone: 0115 9 100 200 or by calling the direct number of our team members listed here.
Alternatively, complete our contact form which will be quickly directed to the appropriate team member.
Posted on September 8, 2021