We’re looking for a full-time Accounts Assistant to join our professional Accounts Team.
£18,000 – £25,000, depending on experience. You’ll work full-time, Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Hybrid working arrangements will be considered following training.
As a successful candidate you’ll join our close-knit, friendly team. This is a busy and varied role offering support, training and study opportunities to enable you to become an ‘all-round Legal Cashier’.
At Actons, we’re focused on providing an exceptional experience to our colleagues and clients and you’ll have a key role to play in helping us deliver that.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Posting of financial transactions and data to the accounts database
- Reconciliation of bank statements, client transactions and supplier credit accounts
- Attendance on clients, directors, banks and post office
- Client matter maintenance and general database housekeeping
- Report building and distribution
- Cheque and electronic payment production in-line with firm policies
- Filing, archiving and file destruction
- All work to be carried out in accordance with SRA Accounts Rules.
Skills, Experience and Competencies you will have:
- Ideally you’ll have 2+ years experience working with legal finance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- A proactive, supportive and reliable team member
- The ability to build good relationships with colleagues at all levels and third parties
- A flexible, can do approach to managing a varied workload and changing environments
- Able to identify priorities and resolve clashes of time-critical tasks in discussion with colleagues
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The following would be desirable, but not essential:
- To hold, be working towards or willing to study for the ILFM Diploma
- Knowledge of SRA Accounts Rules and VAT principles
How to Apply
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Other benefits include Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10 June 2022, although we reserve the right to change the closing date depending on interest in the role. Interviews for this role will either be face to face at our offices or on Microsoft Teams.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Practice Manager on 0115 9 100 293.
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)