We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join us as an Operations Assistant.
As a successful candidate working as part of our close-knit team, you’ll work closely with and support our Operations Co-Ordinator, providing an essential and professional support service to the business.
Actons are focused on providing an exceptional experience to colleagues and clients and you’ll have a key role to play in helping deliver that. You’ll be part of a friendly, down-to-earth team and enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be supporting the Operations Co-Ordinator to answer incoming phone calls, welcome visitors and manage client meeting spaces, opening, sorting and distributing post and a range of other administration tasks. You’ll also provide support to the wider team.
You may rarely need to work additional hours, for example, attending early mornings or some evenings. If such hours are worked, they will be paid (at the firm’s discretion) either as overtime at normal pay rates or via time off in lieu (TOIL).
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you.
Key Aspects of The Role Include:
Front of House
- Answering all calls to our main phone number and transferring to colleagues with a high standard of client care and confidentiality.
- Answering the front door, welcoming visitors to our meeting rooms and informing the meeting host of their arrival.
- Ensuring our meeting rooms are tidy, stocked with refreshments and welcoming for visitors and colleagues.
- Archiving closed files, Deeds and Wills and delivering these to colleagues, maintaining accurate records
- Ordering and delivering stationery and other office supplies
- Making travel arrangements as required
- Providing general admin support within the team and wider business.
Health, Safety & Facilities
- Acting as Fire Warden and carry out regular fire alarm checks
- Regular health and safety tasks such as emergency lighting tests.
- Supporting the Operations Co-Ordinator & Chief Operations Officer on a range of facilities tasks.
Post & Communications
- Opening, sorting and delivering incoming post and deliveries
- Collecting, sorting and franking outgoing post and deliveries
Skills, Experience and Competencies You Will Have:
- Experience of working in a busy office environment, ideally in the professional services sector.
- Excellent, professional communication and customer care skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- A pro-active, supportive, and reliable team member.
- The ability to build good relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- A flexible approach to managing a varied workload and changing environments.
- Able to identify priorities and resolve clashes of time-critical tasks in discussion with appropriate others.
- Good understanding of and experience of Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel and Outlook) and, ideally, Practice Management Software (although training will be provided).
How to Apply:
You’ll work full-time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week, 9am – 5pm, with an hours unpaid lunch break.
Due to the nature of this role, it will be based in the office full-time.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Other benefits include Regular Social Events, Fundraising Opportunities for our Charity of the Year, Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Director & Chief Operations Officer.