We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced administrator/PA to join our Operations Team as our Operations Co-Ordinator.
As a successful candidate in our close-knit, friendly team, you’ll work closely with our Chief Operations Officer and supervise our Operations Assistant, providing an essential and professional support service.
On a day to day basis the role is incredibly varied so you’ll be the sort of person who loves variety and getting stuck in. Generally it includes managing our front of house and incoming calls, archiving, facilities, and supporting the Chief Operations Officer, Chief Executive and other Directors.
The Operations team are responsible for ensuring the office runs effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis. The wider team includes colleagues working across Marketing & Business Development and IT.
You may rarely need to work additional hours, for example, early mornings or evenings.
Actons are focused on providing an exceptional experience to colleagues and clients and you’ll have a key role to play in helping deliver that.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you.
Key Aspects of the Role
- Working closely with and supervising our Operations Assistant.
- Organise meetings and events, booking external venues as appropriate, scheduling etc
- Preparing accurate minutes of meetings
- Organise payment requests for external suppliers
- Provide general support to the Chief Operations Officer, Chief Executive and other Directors as necessary.
Regulatory & Compliance
- Quarterly file reviews – run process, including maintaining accurate records
- Updating business and compliance documentation.
Front of House
- Ensure client areas are kept to a high standard and that all visitors receive a warm, professional welcome
- Ensuring calls to our main phone number are answered and transferred to colleagues efficiently, with a high standard of client care and confidentiality, ensuring accurate records are kept.
Operations & Facilities
- First point of contact for facilities queries, managing work with external contractors and escalating issues as necessary to the Chief Operations Officer
- Manage our archiving process and procedures for matter files, Deeds and Wills etc, delegating tasks to the Operations Assistant
- Oversee the ordering of stationery and other office supplies
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing mail/deliveries
- Manage website/email enquiries.
Health & Safety and Facilities
- Act as Chief Fire Warden and carry out regular fire alarm checks; run regular fire drills. Ensure fire extinguishers are regularly checked by an approved supplier and carry out and record emergency lighting tests, escalating any issues as necessary to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Maintain lists of first aiders, ensure first aid kits are checked and stocked and ensuring defibrillators are regularly checked to make sure batteries are charged.
Skills, Experience & Competencies You Will Have:
- Experience of working in a law firm or in another professional services firm is essential
- Ability to investigate and problem solve
- Excellent knowledge of IT including Microsoft 365 apps Word, Excel and Outlook, and Practice Management software – we use Access Legal Fusion.
- Excellent, professional communication and customer care skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- A pro-active, supportive and reliable team member
- The ability to build good relationships with colleagues at all levels
- A flexible approach to managing a varied workload and changing environments
- Able to identify priorities and resolve clashes of time critical tasks in discussion with appropriate others.
How to Apply
You’ll work full-time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week with some flexibility on working hours.
Following training and a period of probation and subject to the needs of the business, some limited hybrid working arrangements are available.
Other benefits include Regular Social Events, Fundraising Opportunities for our Charity of the Year, Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)