We’re looking for a Newly Qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive to join our Personal Injury team.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge to become a successful personal injury lawyer.
As a successful candidate, you’ll have at least 1 year’s relevant experience to handle a large volume of new and existing EL/PL Portal and non-Portal claims from start to finish.
You’ll be working as part of the team in a pro-active and supportive environment. The other members of the team include qualified Solicitors, Chartered Legal Executives, a paralegal and an admin assistant.
It’s vital that the team are all highly engaged and your input will be invaluable. Ideally, you’ll have a proven track record of reaching fee and time targets.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you.
Key Aspects of the Role include:
- Handling EL/PL claims from start to finish with minimal supervision including litigated cases predominantly fast track but also some multi-track claims
- Generating your own correspondence/documents
- Using our Case Management system
- Providing clients with solutions and clear advice
- To reach fee and time recording targets
- Maintain and build on the department’s links with other departments in the firm
- Maintain and build on the firm’s and the department’s links with existing clients and referrers of work
- Identify and develop opportunities to obtain new work.
Skills, Experience and Competencies you will have:
- Newly Qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive with at least 1 year PQE
- In-depth knowledge of:
- The Personal Injury Protocol for Low-Value Personal Injury (Employers Liability and Public Liability) Claims
- The Pre-Action Protocol for Personal Injury Claims
- The Civil Procedure Rules
- Relevant primary and secondary legislation and Case Law
- Good client relationship skills – ability to exceed client expectations
- Pro-active approach
- Team player
- Enthusiastic personality
- Looking to make a mark and make a difference.
How to Apply
You’ll work full-time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week (9am – 5pm). Following training and subject to the needs of the team, hybrid working arrangements will be considered.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Other benefits include Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
Interviews for this role will either be face to face at our offices or on Microsoft Teams.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Practice Manager at [email protected]
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)