We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced administrator to join our Practice Management Team.
As a successful candidate working as part of the close-knit, friendly team, you’ll work closely with our Practice Manager and Practice Assistant, providing an essential and professional support service to the business.
You’ll be the sort of person who loves change and improving processes and procedures.
On a day to day basis the role includes managing our client areas, archiving, facilities, and supporting the Practice Manager. You’ll also supervise our Practice Assistant,
You may rarely need to work additional hours, for example, attending early morning or some evening marketing events.
Actons are focused on providing an exceptional experience to colleagues and clients and you’ll have a key role to play in helping deliver that.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you. Find out more about why you should join Actons.
Key Aspects of the Role:
Front of House
- Lead our front of house operation – ensure client areas are kept to a high standard and that all visitors receive a warm, professional welcome.
- Manage our archiving process and procedures for matter files, Deeds and Wills, with support from the Practice Assistant
- Oversee the ordering of stationery and other office supplies
- Make meeting and travel arrangements as required
- Co-ordinate supplier payments
- Provide PA and general support to the Practice Manager, Chief Executive, Chairman and CoLP.
Health & Safety and Facilities
- Act as Fire Warden and carry out regular fire alarm checks; run regular fire drills. Ensure fire extinguishers are regularly checked by an approved supplier and carry out and record emergency lighting tests, escalating any issues to the Practice Manager.
- Maintain lists of first aiders, ensure first aid kits are checked and stocked and ensuring defibrillators are regularly checked to make sure batteries are charged.
- First point of contact for office facilities, reporting issues to Practice Manager and working with external contractors.
Post and Communications
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing mail/deliveries
- Manage website/email enquiries.
Business Development & Marketing
- Assist the Practice Manager with various tasks including event organisation.
Skills, Experience and Competencies You Will Have:
- Experience of working in a law firm or in another professional services firm is essential
- Excellent, professional communication and customer care skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- A good working knowledge of IT applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and Practice Management software – we use Access LawFusion.
- A proactive, supportive and reliable team member
- The ability to build good relationships with colleagues at all levels
- A flexible approach to managing a varied workload and changing environments
- Able to identify priorities and resolve clashes of time critical tasks in discussion with appropriate others.
How to Apply
You’ll work full-time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week with some flexibility on working hours.
Salary: £21,000 – £24,000.
Other benefits include Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions, and Training Opportunities.
Due to the nature of this role, it will be based in the office full-time.
We are not accepting applications via agencies for this role.
Due to the nature of the role and work undertaken at the firm, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks, including DBS check, which will be carried out, at our cost, once an offer of employment is accepted.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please contact Matt Coleman, Practice Manager.