We’re looking for a full-time Practice Assistant to join our Practice Management Team.
As a successful candidate working as part of our close-knit, friendly team, you’ll work closely with and assist our Practice Administrator, providing an essential and professional support service to the business.
At Actons, we’re focused on providing an exceptional experience to our colleagues and clients and you’ll have a key role to play in helping us deliver that.
On a day to day basis you will be working with our Practice Administrator to welcome clients and manage our client meeting spaces, opening, sorting and distributing post and a range of other administration tasks. You’ll also support the Practice Manager on a range of tasks including the firm’s marketing and business development activities.
You may rarely need to work additional hours, for example, attending early morning or some evening marketing events. If such hours are worked, they will be paid (at the firm’s discretion) either as overtime at normal pay rates or via time off in lieu (TOIL).
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you. Find out more about why you should join Actons.
Key aspects of the role include:
Front of House
- Welcome visitors to our waiting area and ensure the meeting host is informed of their arrival
- Ensure our waiting area and meeting rooms are tidy, stocked with refreshments and welcoming for visitors and staff.
- Provide support to the Practice Administrator on archiving closed files, Deeds and Wills and delivering these to colleagues, maintaining accurate records
- Order and delivery stationery and other office supplies to our departments
- Updating loose-leaf library books
- Make travel arrangements as required
- Provide general support for the Practice Administrator and Practice Manager.
Post and Communications
- Open, sort and deliver incoming post and deliveries
- Collect, sort and frank outgoing post and deliveries
- Make local deliveries/collections where necessary.
Business Development & Marketing
- Assist the Practice Manager with various tasks including event organisation and updating our websites.
Skills, experience and competencies you will have:
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Excellent, professional communication and customer care skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent understanding of and experience of using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) and, ideally, Practice Management Software (although training will be provided)
- A proactive, supportive and reliable team member
- The ability to build good relationships with colleagues at all levels
- A flexible approach to managing a varied workload and changing environments
- Able to identify priorities and resolve clashes of time-critical tasks in discussion with appropriate others.
You’ll work full-time, Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Due to the nature of this role, it will be based in the office full-time.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Alongside other benefits, you’ll also have the opportunity to access Perkbox.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 27 April 2021, although we reserve the right to change the closing date depending on interest in the role. The first round of interviews for this role may be held on Microsoft Teams depending on the latest Government guidance.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Practice Manager at [email protected]
How to Apply – Application Form
Applications via agencies are not accepted for this role.
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)