We’re looking for an experienced Private Client Solicitor with at least 3 years PQE to join our Private Client Team.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and pro-active Private Client lawyer to develop skills and knowledge in a busy environment, providing a good range of high-quality Private Client services. You’ll be part of a friendly, down-to-earth team, and enjoy a healthy work-life balance with opportunities for hybrid working.
As part of the wider firm, you’ll also have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues in our other teams on cases where they need input from a Private Client perspective.
It’s vital that the team are all highly engaged and your input will be invaluable. All fee-earners in the team are expected to run their own files with appropriate support from colleagues.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you. Find out more here.
Our Approach to Work
We’re proud to offer our people a hybrid approach to work – providing a healthy work-life balance. Our policy is simple – in relation to when you work your contracted hours and where you work them, i.e. at home or in the office, our only requirement is that you simply do what is right in terms of the needs of your role, having regard to client needs, the needs of your colleagues, your own needs, including your own well-being, and the needs of the firm.
Client Base – Private Client Team
We’re proud to have a diverse client base which includes but is not limited to clients of high-net worth, charities, business owners, agricultural clients and we often have clients that span across several generations of the same family. As the successful candidate, you’ll need to be committed to maintaining the client relationships that we have spent many years nurturing.
Key Aspects of The Role Include:
- Working as part of the Private Client Team, with full access to clients and involvement in working with clients across the full-range of Private Client services including:
- Advising on and drafting Wills
- Advising on and drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advising on and making Court of Protection applications
- Advising on, creating and administering Trusts
- Administration of Estates
- General Estate Planning
- Efficiently dealing with enquiries.
- Managing your own caseload.
- Good client relationship skills – ability to exceed client expectations.
- Pro-active approach.
- Providing clients with solutions.
- Build and develop strong relationships with clients and other professionals, ensuring Actons become their advisor of choice.
- Maintain and build on the team’s links with colleagues across the firm.
- Pro-actively seek out and develop new business opportunities through a variety of marketing and business development activities, including LinkedIn.
Skills, Experience and Competencies You Will Have
- Ideally at least 3 years PQE experience in Private Client
- Strong financial and commercial awareness – ensuring a profitable contribution to the team.
- Provide advice to clients in plain English
- Strong academic qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills
- Keen to learn and to manage
- A keen attention to detail whilst also maintaining efficient progress
- The ability and enthusiasm to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to prioritise and manage numerous tasks
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills.
How to Apply
You will ideally work full-time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Other benefits include Regular Social Events, Fundraising Opportunities for our Charity of the Year, Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
Following training and a period of probation and subject to the needs of the team, hybrid working arrangements are available.
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Chief Operations Officer at [email protected].