We’re looking for an experienced residential conveyancing solicitor, chartered legal executive or licensed conveyancer with ideally around 5 years PQE to join our Property team.
This role is absolutely not about high-volume, low-value conveyancing. You’ll provide a bespoke, high-quality service mainly to existing clients and contacts of the firm.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a busy environment providing the full range of residential conveyancing services.
As a successful candidate you’ll be able to demonstrable previous residential conveyancing experience, be able to work autonomously on transactions but also within the wider team as/when necessary. The wider property team includes three directors, an associate, two solicitors and support colleagues.
In this role, you’ll handle a varied caseload of high-quality residential conveyancing, be part of a friendly, down-to-earth team and enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
It’s vital that the team are all highly engaged and your input will be invaluable. All team members are expected to run their own files with appropriate support from colleagues.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you. Find out why.
Key Aspects Of The Role Include:
- Provision of a high-quality residential conveyancing service
- Running and managing own cases from initial instruction through to post-completion
- Ongoing development of case management system and processes.
- Good client relationship skills – ability to exceed client expectations
- Pro-active approach
- Providing clients with solutions.
- Whilst not an integral part of the role, you’ll be expected to contribute to business development of the Property Team and to cross-sell the services of other teams.
Skills, Experience & Competencies You Will Have:
- Experience of working in a property team
- Strong IT skills – especially experience in developing case management
- Ability to provide a cost-effective service and meet targets for matter-related hours and fees.
- Keen to learn and manage own caseload
- Good commercial awareness
- Strong academic qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills
- A keen attention to detail whilst also maintaining efficient progress
- The ability and enthusiasm to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to prioritise and manage numerous tasks
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills
How to Apply:
Salary range is £25k – £38k depending on experience.
You’ll ideally work full-time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
Following training and a period of probation and subject to the needs of the team, hybrid working arrangements are available.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Other benefits include Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
The closing date for applications is 20 May 2022, although we reserve the right to change the closing date depending on interest in the role. Interviews for this role will either be face to face at our offices or on Microsoft Teams.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Practice Manager at [email protected]
We are not accepting applications via agencies for this role.
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)