We’re looking for an experienced residential conveyancing solicitor, chartered legal executive or licensed conveyancer with ideally around 5 years PQE to join our Property team.
This role is absolutely not about high-volume, low-value conveyancing. You’ll provide a bespoke, high-quality service mainly to existing clients and contacts of the firm.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a busy environment providing the full range of high-quality residential conveyancing services. You’ll be part of a friendly, down-to-earth team and enjoy a healthy work-life balance with opportunities for hybrid working.
As a successful candidate you’ll be able to demonstrable previous residential conveyancing experience, be able to work autonomously on transactions but also within the wider team as/when necessary.
It’s vital that the team are all highly engaged and your input will be invaluable. All team members are expected to run their own files with appropriate support from colleagues.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you. Find out why.
Our Approach to Work
We’re proud to offer our people a hybrid approach to work – providing a healthy work-life balance. Our policy is simple – in relation to when you work your contracted hours and where you work them, i.e. at home or in the office, our only requirement is that you simply do what is right in terms of the needs of your role, having regard to client needs, the needs of your colleagues, your own needs, including your own well-being, and the needs of the firm.
Key Aspects Of The Role Include:
- Provision of a high-quality residential conveyancing service
- Running and managing own cases from initial instruction through to post-completion
- Ongoing development of case management system and processes.
- Good client relationship skills – ability to exceed client expectations
- Pro-active approach
- Providing clients with solutions.
- Whilst not an integral part of the role, you’ll be expected to contribute to business development of the Property Team and to cross-sell the services of other teams.
Skills, Experience & Competencies You Will Have:
- Experience of working in a property team
- Strong IT skills – especially experience in developing case management
- Ability to provide a cost-effective service and meet targets for matter-related hours and fees.
- Keen to learn and manage own caseload
- Good commercial awareness
- Strong academic qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills
- A keen attention to detail whilst also maintaining efficient progress
- The ability and enthusiasm to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to prioritise and manage numerous tasks
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills
How to Apply:
You’ll ideally work full-time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Other benefits include Regular Social Events, Fundraising Opportunities for our Charity of the Year, Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
Following training and subject to the needs of the team, hybrid working arrangements are available.
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Director & Chief Operations Officer at [email protected].
Actons is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. (Protected Characteristics)