Call us today 0115 9100 200

Equine accidents & personal injury claims

It’s estimated that 43% of households in the UK have a member with some form of interest in horses. Unfortunately, horses can represent a risk of serious injury, not only to horse riders but also to anyone who comes into contact with a horse.

Has a horse caused you to be injured, or have you had an accident whilst taking part in an equestrian activity? If so, our personal injury lawyers can help you make a claim for compensation.

This is not only compensation for injuries but also for any financial losses, such as lost earnings and dental treatment costs. We will work on a No Win, No Fee basis.

We are based in Nottingham city centre, covering Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire & Leicestershire. We can arrange home or hospital visits where necessary.

If you’ve suffered an injury due to a horse or had an accident whilst taking part or spectating at an equestrian activity, our specialist lawyers may be able to help you. You may be able to make a claim for compensation to help you on the road to recovery and also provide you with financial assistance.

Our personal injury specialists are able to advise on a wide range of equine related issues, including:

  • Injuries whilst riding a horse – as a result of someone else’s wrong doing
  • Road traffic accidents involving horses
  • Injuries when riding a horse as a result of a dangerous vice you were not made aware of before riding the horse. For example, rearing, bucking or bolting.
  • Injuries from being kicked, bitten, or crushed by a horse
  • Injuries whilst spectating at equestrian events
  • Child injured during an activity at a riding school
  • Injured as a result of contacting a dodgy dealer – was the horse dangerous in some way and you weren’t told about this before riding it?
  • Accident at work in the equine industry or been injured by something your employer has done.

Get in touch today

If you'd like a no obligation discussion on any legal issue, please get in touch with any member of our team.

0115 9100 200

Ask a question


  • Do I need to prove negligence to make a claim?

    With all personal injury cases it is necessary to prove negligence first. At the time of the accident did the horse’s owner/registered keeper owe you a duty of care and if so did they breach it?

  • What is The Animals Act 1971?

    This Act states that where the owner or the registered keeper of an animal is aware of a dangerous characteristic/behaviour or ‘vice’, it is their duty to inform any person who comes into contact with the animal that they are likely to act in this way under certain circumstances. If there is no evidence available that the animal has displayed the relevant characteristic previously then it is unlikely that a claim will be successful.

"I am pleased to recommend Caroline Bowler to assist you with resolving a dispute or other legal matter. Caroline recently assisted our Foundation with the successful settlement of an equine purchase dispute. Our situation was complicated by a number of factors including our location in the USA and the transaction venue in England. Caroline was thoroughly professional in every regard. Most valuable to me was her deep knowledge of the equine industry and ability to translate the differences in approach taken in legal proceedings in England versus the US. I was confident that her advice was always in my best interest while seeking a successful outcome. Caroline is a realistic and talented advocate in which you can place your confidence."
Robert H. Fish, Trustee – Blossom Creek Foundation

Articles & Events

This website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience...

More information I understand