We’re looking for a full-time Assistant Legal Cashier to join our professional Accounts Team.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and pro-active person to join our close-knit, friendly team having a key role in helping provide an exceptional experience to our colleagues and clients. This is a busy, hands-on and varied role offering support, training and study opportunities.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is the place for you.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Inputting of all financial entries to the accounts database and to maintain all ledgers – Access Legal Fusion.
- Month & Year end duties to include report building and distribution.
- VAT Returns, quarterly Partial Exemption calculations, VAT2 forms and other periodical payments to HMRC.
- Reconciliation of all bank statement entries and third party supplier accounts to include housekeeping duties for office credit and debtor balances.
- Electronic and cheque payment processing.
- Occasional attendance on clients, directors and other third parties e.g. banks.
Skills, experience and competencies you will have:
- To have 2 or more years’ experience in a similar legal finance role or to be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Excellent time-management.
- A willing and able attitude.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise.
- To communicate effectively and plan daily workloads in order to meet daily payment and monthly billing deadlines.
- To complete routine tasks without direction.
- To be self-motivated and keen to meet professional and personal development goals.
- Knowledge of SRA Accounts Rules and VAT principles.
- Strong I.T. skills. Excel, Word and Foxit PDF Editor desirable.
- Knowledge of back office reporting and SQL advantageous but not essential.
How to Apply:
You’ll work full-time, 35 Hours, Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm in an office based role.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Other benefits include Regular Social Events, Fundraising Opportunities for our Charity of the Year, Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
Applications via agencies are currently not being accepted for this role.