We’re looking for an experienced commercial property solicitor to join our Property Team on a full-time or part-time basis.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and pro-active commercial property lawyer to develop skills and knowledge in a busy environment providing a good range of high quality commercial property work. You’ll be part of a friendly, down-to-earth team and enjoy a healthy work-life balance with opportunities for hybrid working.
As part of the wider firm you’ll also have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues in our other teams on cases where they need input from a commercial property perspective.
It’s vital that the team are all highly engaged and your input will be invaluable. All solicitors in the team are expected to run their own files with appropriate support from colleagues.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you.
Our Approach to Work
We’re proud to offer our people a hybrid approach to work – providing a healthy work-life balance. Our policy is simple – in relation to when you work your contracted hours and where you work them, i.e. at home or in the office, our only requirement is that you simply do what is right in terms of the needs of your role, having regard to client needs, the needs of your colleagues, your own needs, including your own well-being, and the needs of the firm.
We’re proud to work with clients in a diverse range of sectors who are typically owner managed businesses with a turnover in the region of £1m – £20m, charities and high net worth individuals. We also work with a number of significantly larger organisations including some local and national household names as well as national and international financial institutions. Over the past few years we’ve acted on a number of high profile property transactions.
Key Aspects of The Role Include:
- Working as part of the Property Team, with full access to clients and involved in working with clients on projects from inception to completion across the full-range of commercial property including:
- Commercial acquisitions & disposals
- Commercial & residential development projects
- Commercial property leases
- Banking & security
- Landlord and tenant advice.
- Efficiently dealing with enquiries.
- Managing your own caseload.
- Good client relationship skills – ability to exceed client expectations.
- Pro-active approach.
- Providing clients with solutions.
- Build and develop strong relationships with clients and other property professionals, ensuring Actons become their advisor of choice.
- Maintain and build on the team’s links with colleagues across the firm.
- Pro-actively seek out and develop new business opportunities through a variety of marketing and business development activities, including LinkedIn.
Skills, Experience and Competencies You Will Have:
- Experience in commercial property
- Strong financial and commercial awareness – ensuring a profitable contribution to the team.
- Provide advice to clients in plain English
- Strong academic qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills
- Keen to learn and to manage
- A keen attention to detail whilst also maintaining efficient progress
- The ability and enthusiasm to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to prioritise and manage numerous tasks
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills.
How to Apply:
You’ll ideally work full-time, but we are also open to part-time.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Other benefits include Regular Social Events, Fundraising Opportunities for our Charity of the Year, Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
Following training and a period of probation and subject to the needs of the team, hybrid working arrangements are available.
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Chief Operations Officer at [email protected].