Sickness absence has continued to hit the headlines recently. The latest ONS figures show the rate of sickness absence in 2022 was the highest since 2004. Some reports suggest that the cost to the UK economy could be in the region of £28billion a year.
So it’s certainly hard to deny the impact an employee being off sick can have on an employer (large or small).
Reduced productivity, finding replacement labour and paying an absent employee’s salary are just a few of the direct costs incurred by a company whose employees are off sick. The indirect cost of low motivation and morale can also be an issue amongst those still in the workplace.
The process of managing sickness absence should be a careful and considered one. Failure to approach it correctly could result in serious long term negative effects and significant risk to your organisation.
At this webinar, we’ll share our insights from our experiences in helping employers navigate complex absence cases.
The session will cover:
- Practical tips for managing short and longer term absence
- The legal pitfalls when managing sickness absence
- Sickness versus disability
- Engaging with employees whilst they are off work
- Getting the best medical advice you can
- Managing sickness absence during disciplinary and grievance processes
- Bringing sickness absence to a conclusion & minimising risk to your organisation
Date & Time
We look forward to seeing you for the webinar!
Posted on June 7, 2023