We’re looking for an experienced, Senior Property Litigation Lawyer with at least 5 years PQE to join our Dispute Resolution team, with a major focus on business development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Property Litigation lawyer who combines strong business development skills with technical excellence – and wants to join a firm where you can play a key role in our ongoing and future success. You’ll be part of a friendly, down-to-earth team, and enjoy a healthy work-life balance with opportunities for hybrid working.
You’ll perform a fundamental business development role in developing and growing a property litigation practice, also working closely with our Property team to build strong relationships and win work from existing clients and contacts, as well as developing new ones. Existing work-winning relationships with accountants, surveyors and other contacts would be a distinct advantage.
As part of the wider firm, you’ll also have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues in our other teams on cases where they need input from a Property Litigation perspective.
So, if you’re ambitious, work hard and want to make a difference, Actons is definitely the place for you.
Our Approach to Work
We’re proud to offer our people a hybrid approach to work – providing a healthy work-life balance. Our policy is simple – in relation to when you work your contracted hours and where you work them, i.e. at home or in the office, our only requirement is that you simply do what is right in terms of the needs of your role, having regard to client needs, the needs of your colleagues, your own needs, including your own well-being, and the needs of the firm.
We’re proud to work with clients in a diverse range of sectors who are typically owner-managed businesses with a turnover in the region of £1m – £20m, charities and high net worth individuals. We also work with several significantly larger organisations including some local and national household names as well as national and international financial institutions.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of property litigation issues.
- Experience in restrictive covenant disputes, adverse possession, dilapidations, access and boundary disputes as well as with commercial landlord & tenant work including a good working knowledge of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 is desirable.
- Develop and execute a plan to build a successful property litigation practice
- Identify and develop opportunities to win new work.
- Maintain and build on the team’s links with colleagues across the firm.
- Proactively seek out and develop new business opportunities through a variety of marketing and business development activities, including LinkedIn.
- Good client relationship skills – ability to exceed client expectations.
- Pro-active approach.
- Providing clients with solutions.
Skills, Experience and Competencies You Will Have:
- Ideally at least 5 years PQE experience in Property Litigation
- Strong financial and commercial awareness – ensuring a profitable contribution to the team.
- Provide advice to clients in plain English
- Strong academic qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills
- Keen to learn and to manage
- A keen attention to detail whilst also maintaining efficient progress
- The ability and enthusiasm to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to prioritise and manage numerous tasks
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills.
How to Apply:
You will ideally work full-time, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Other benefits include Regular Social Events, Fundraising Opportunities for our Charity of the Year, Perkbox, Free Eye Tests, Generous Pension Contributions and Training Opportunities.
Following training and a period of probation and subject to the needs of the team, hybrid working arrangements are available.
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
You need to have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (please note that we will not be able to sponsor or support any visa applications).
If you have any other queries regarding this role please email Matt Coleman, Chief Operations Officer at [email protected].