Call us today 0115 9 100 200

Living Together Agreements

If you are living together, unmarried, you have fewer legal rights compared to married couples or those in a civil partnership.

We can help by putting in place a living together agreement, also called a cohabitation agreement.

It will set out how your affairs should be arranged, and how your finances should be managed if you pass away or your relationship comes to an end.

Cohabitation agreements are extremely important if children are involved – where they will live and who will support them.

It’s essential that you get advice if and when you separate from your partner, whether you have a living together agreement or not.

Ask a question


  • Who can enter into a Living Together agreement?

    They are usually entered into by couples or groups who want to regulate their financial and living arrangements during a relationship and if a relationship ends. They are also used by people who have decided to pool their financial resources to purchase a property to live together. The property can be rented, owned by one person, or owned by one or more members of the group.

Related services

"I have never had to deal with Solicitors before, but Michael Spencer was brilliant at making complicated jargon very easy to understand. I will certainly use Actons in the future and cannot thank you enough Michael."
Sonja Zadora-Chrzastowska
"Mike Spencer at Actons acts in high-value financial applications up to £2m, and in the enforcement of prenuptial agreements. He recently advised a Muslim charity in relation to divorce issues. The service is 'exemplary'."
The Legal 500

Articles & Events

This website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and deliver personalised ads. By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.

More Information Accept All Cookies