We work closely with our highly acclaimed insolvency team to advise on all the property aspects surrounding insolvency.
- Property sales by trustees in bankruptcy, liquidators and administrators
- Law of Property Act Receiverships
- Advising insolvency practitioners on other property related issues including granting leases and licences to occupy, the surrender or disclaimer of leases and issues arising in respect of leases and tenancies granted by an insolvent company or person in their capacity as a landlord
- Assisting bankrupt individuals and their spouses and partners with the purchase of the trustee in bankruptcy’s interest in the family home (or other property)
- Advising Landlords and Tenants affected by the insolvency of the other parties.
The Legal 500 2021: Commercial Property – Nottingham & Derby
"Praised for its ‘superb business acumen’, Actons' real estate practice handles commercial and development transactions, landlord and tenant work and secured lending matters, especially for banks. The group also provides property support to corporate transactions."The Legal 500 2018 (Commercial Property (Notts & Derby))
"Actons’ property practice recently acted for a number of banks on the refinancing of an industrial site, and separately assisted several local developers on plot sales."The Legal 500
The Legal 500 2023: Commercial Property – Nottingham & Derby"Actons covers the full range of commercial property work, including development, options and overage agreements as well as freehold and leasehold sales and acquisitions, leases and refinancings. In April 2022 ‘hard-working and knowledgable’ Caroline Pearson, specialist for development projects as well as overage and option transactions."