We work closely with our highly acclaimed insolvency team to advise on all the property aspects surrounding insolvency.
- Property sales by trustees in bankruptcy, liquidators and administrators
- Law of Property Act Receiverships
- Advising insolvency practitioners on other property related issues including granting leases and licences to occupy, the surrender or disclaimer of leases and issues arising in respect of leases and tenancies granted by an insolvent company or person in their capacity as a landlord
- Assisting bankrupt individuals and their spouses and partners with the purchase of the trustee in bankruptcy’s interest in the family home (or other property)
- Advising Landlords and Tenants affected by the insolvency of the other parties.
"Praised for its ‘superb business acumen’, Actons' real estate practice handles commercial and development transactions, landlord and tenant work and secured lending matters, especially for banks. The group also provides property support to corporate transactions."The Legal 500 2018 (Commercial Property (Notts & Derby))
"Actons has ‘one of the strongest insolvency teams in the Nottingham area' with ‘strong technical knowledge' across the range of matters. It acts for major insolvency practitioners in the region, such as Bates Weston, KPMG, BDO and Baker Tilly (now RSM)."The Legal 500
The Legal 500 2021: Commercial Property – Nottingham & DerbyActons' Nottingham practice predominantly advises a range of clients, including developers and high-net-worth individuals, on land and property acquisitions. Amanda Gordon handles the real estate aspects of corporate transactions, including joint ventures and partnership dissolutions. Caroline Pearson's expertise lies in freehold and leasehold sales and acquisitions, and also landlord and tenant work. Zoe Romain, who made partner in 2019, is another key member of the team.
"Actons’ property practice recently acted for a number of banks on the refinancing of an industrial site, and separately assisted several local developers on plot sales. Director Amanda Gordon regularly undertakes freehold and leasehold work."The Legal 500
"Amanda Gordon handled the acquisitions of residential and operational premises for a local charity, acted for a major bank during the refinancing of a portfolio comprising mixed residential and commercial properties, and advised on the acquisition of an industrial site by the existing tenant and a pension fund."The Legal 500