At Actons, we have substantial expertise and experience in property development and investment, working with banks, other lenders, developers, registered providers of social housing, private investors and landowners.
A co-ordinated professional team is critical. We will liaise closely with your surveyors, planning consultants, architects, engineers, contractors and other professional team members to ensure that your objectives are delivered on time and on budget.
We can help with:
- Purchase and assembly of development sites, including strategic option agreements, conditional contracts, overage and clawback arrangements, collaboration and consortium agreements
- Purchase, management and sale of investment property
- Planning and infrastructure agreements
- Plot sales
- Pre-let and long lease documentation
- Professional appointment, collateral warranty and related documentation
- Contractual and corporate joint ventures.
The Legal 500 2023: Commercial Property – Nottingham & Derby"Actons covers the full range of commercial property work, including development, options and overage agreements as well as freehold and leasehold sales and acquisitions, leases and refinancings. In April 2022 ‘hard-working and knowledgable’ Caroline Pearson, specialist for development projects as well as overage and option transactions."
"Praised for its ‘superb business acumen’, Actons' real estate practice handles commercial and development transactions, landlord and tenant work and secured lending matters, especially for banks. The group also provides property support to corporate transactions."The Legal 500 2018 (Commercial Property (Notts & Derby))
"Actons’ property practice recently acted for a number of banks on the refinancing of an industrial site, and separately assisted several local developers on plot sales."The Legal 500
The Legal 500 2021: Commercial Property – Nottingham & Derby