You will understand the legal framework underpinning equality and diversity in the workplace and be given guidance on managing tricky issues, including sickness absence, gender reassignment and race/religious discrimination.
A series of linked case studies will guide you through difficult issues and equip them to deal with them in the workplace.
Who should attend?
This session can be tailored for managers or business owners with little experience in this area, or HR professionals looking for guidance on more complex areas.
- What is discrimination and can it ever be justified?
- Can you have positive discrimination?
- How to deal with a complaint
- Juggling competing equality rights
- Handling tricky issues such as making reasonable adjustments, discrimination in a redundancy scenario and dealing with issues arising from employing a transgender employee.
The Legal 500 2021: EmploymentActons advise on a wide range of employment and HR issues for owner-managed businesses and SMEs, as well as household name clients such as Iceland Foods and Bistrot Pierre. The team's key strengths include advising on Employment Tribunals, absence management and providing training. James Symons, who was promoted to director, is 'friendly, calm and incredibly knowledgeable'. Practice head Nic Elliott is an 'engaging partner' and maintains a strong 'rapport' with his clients.