Sickness absence can have a significant impact on your organisation and will often be costly.
From short term intermittent absence to longer periods of time off, employers need to be managing these issues well to maximise the chances of staff returning to work and functioning effectively. If that’s not possible, employers may need to take steps to more actively manage the situation.
Ensuring the process is legally compliant and that managers follow the correct processes, take appropriate medical advice and consider the key issues will minimise risk to your organisation
This session interactive session will guide delegates through these particular issues and equip them with practical skills to deal with them effectively.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved with running or advising on employee investigations, whether HR, Legal, business owner or manager.
- Long term -v- short term absence
- Getting great medical advice
- Keeping in touch and consulting with employees
- Dismissing sick employees fairly
- Other tricky issues and avoiding Tribunal claims
- Dealing with tricky issues, such as requests for anonymity, uncooperative witnesses & preserving evidence.